Your Remarketing Solutions Innovator for More than 65 Years
- About Manheim
- Executive Team
- Press Room
- Heart to Hearts
- Conservation Efforts
- Buy. Sell. Win.
- Supplier Info
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation.
With 20,000 employees in 106 operating locations around the globe, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim markets Simulcast, Simulcast Everywhere, OVE.com, NextGear Capital, Total Resource Auctions, Manheim Frontline, Ready Auto Transport, Manheim Consulting and other respected brands to the remarketing industry in 14 countries, including Australia, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Manheim cares about its employees, the environment and the communities it serves. From fundraising drives to tutoring kids after school to supporting long-term conservation efforts, Manheim and its employees are dedicated to protecting the environment and giving back to their communities.
- Manheim opens industry's first CyberLot, Lexus Direct
- First Used Car Market Report introduced
- Manheim Online launches, named one of Top 10 e-commerce sites by PC Week
- Opens auctions in France, Australia, New Zealand, and 5 more in US
- AutoTrader.com, world's largest used car shopping site, debuts
- Implements Best Practices Program
- myAccount debuts, enables dealers to conduct most business transactions with the auctions online and in real time 24/7
- Industry's first "cinema" sales in Atlanta and Seattle
- First auction in Thailand
- Manheim Market Report now accessible by PDAs, offers real-time pricing "in the lanes on sale day"
- Mobile auction sale of 9,200 hail-damaged vehicles at Nissan's Smryna, TN, assembly plant
- Manheim DRIVE Center opens
- Debut of Manheim Specialty Auctions
- Launched China operations
- Manheim acquires Auction City Halifax, Nova Scotia
- World's largest vehicle auto auction receives DuPont Award for environmental achievements
- Manheim establishes The Wholesale Institute online workshops for dealers
- Manheim announces further expansion in Canada
- Manheim acquires Auction City, Moncton, New Brunswick
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions announces major expansion in salvage industry
- Cox Enterprises and Manheim turn on Water Conservation Center at Manheim Georgia in Atlanta
- Opening of 70,000 square foot facility in Montreal, Quebec
- Opening of new Manheim Canada corporate office in Mississauga, Ontario
- Launches first ever Mid-Year Used Car Market Report
- Manheim honored among AARP's "Best Employers for Workers Over 50" for second consecutive year
- Manheim enters joint venture with leading exporter ExportTrader.com
- Manheim launches Manheim Direct
- OVE.com signs its 100th Independent Auction Partner
- Manheim Introduces One-Stop Customer Care with 1-866-MANHEIM
- Mobile site reaches its two millionth user
- BMW and Manheim partner to open new company car center and Manheim Greer Distribution and Vehicle Processing Center
- Manheim purchases Ready Auto Transport
- Simulcast becomes available for Mac computers
- Manheim celebrates the 10th anniversary of Simulcast
- Sandy Schwartz
- John Bailey
- Executive President, International Operations
- Janet Barnard
- Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer
- Lilicia Bailey
- SVP and Chief People Officer
- Joe Luppino
- SVP and Chief Financial Officer
- Joe George
- SVP Product Development
- Michael Noel
- Chief Technology Officer
- Mike Langhorne
- SVP Business Development
- Nick Peluso
- SVP Customer Management
- Ashish Bisaria
- SVP Customer Experience
- Greg Easterly
- President, Cox Digital Exchange
- Racquel White
- VP Communications & Corporate Affairs
- Tim Janego
- Regional VP East Regional Operations
- Mike McKinney
- Regional VP West Regional Operations
Sanford (Sandy) Schwartz is president of Manheim and AutoTrader Group, both subsidiaries of Cox Enterprises. Headquartered in Atlanta, Manheim is the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Worldwide, the company handles nearly 8 million used vehicles annually, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
Most recently, Schwartz served as president of Cox Media Group, Inc., an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing, and digital media company. Prior to that, he was president of Cox Auto Trader, producer of paid and free publications serving consumers and dealers in the automotive market.
Schwartz joined Cox in 1985 and served in various roles of increasing responsibility including president of Cox Arizona Publishing, executive vice president of the Austin American‐Statesman, vice president and general manager of The Atlanta Journal‐Constitution, executive vice president of Cox Newspapers, and vice president of business development for Cox Enterprises. Schwartz resides in Atlanta with his wife Sue and has two grown children, Jonathan and Stephanie. He enjoys golfing, working out, running, and cycling.
Executive President, International Operations
John Bailey John Bailey is President of Manheim's International division which encompasses vehicle remarketing operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Turkey, Australia, New Zealand and Thailand.
Previously Chief Executive of Manheim Europe, John was promoted to this extended role in December 2011 having joined Independent Car Auctions (ICA), the then family business, straight from college in 1979 when it comprised a single auction centre based in Bristol.
Under John's ambitious leadership ICA went on to buy a number of other auction centres to extend its network before entering into a partnership with Manheim in the US in 1996 which enabled it to further expand its UK presence. A number of acquisitions followed which included two major competitors along with a number of complementary businesses that have established Manheim as a major force in the UK.
John is married with one daughter and two step-daughters and resides in Bristol in the UK
Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer
Janet Barnard is the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for Manheim. In this role, she acts as a member of Manheim's executive leadership team, overseeing several of the groups at Manheim engaged in helping to transform the company's core business into one that seamlessly incorporates an expanding online and mobile strategy with a large brick-and-mortar footprint of more than 100 operating locations worldwide. Groups that report to Janet within the company include the Manheim Operations, Sales, Technology, and Digital departments.
Barnard most recently served as senior vice president and general manager for Cox Communications' Central Region. In that role, she was responsible for growing $1.2 billion region in voice, data and video services across residential and commercial base of 710,000 customers; planned and led the largest system integration in CCI to date totaling 175 communities across five states while achieving all growth targets and leading the company in OCF margin growth. Prior to that role, Barnard served as senior vice president and general manager for other Cox Communications regional business areas including Northern Virginia, Middle America, and Omaha. While at CCI, she earned a remarkable track record of achieving both financial and operational results. Throughout her career, she has been instrumental in developing strong leaders; building results-oriented teams; and most importantly, serving as a catalyst for innovative, creative customer and workplace strategies.
Prior to joining CCI, Barnard began her career in finance roles where she was consistently promoted to positions of increasing responsibility. In her first role with CCI as the vice president of Business Operations she was ultimately responsible for all financial aspects of the organization including strategic business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and inventory management for 173,000 video, data, and telephone customers.
Barnard was recognized in 2010 as a Betsy Magness Leadership Institute Fellow, which honors the most successful female leaders in the cable and telecommunications industry.
Barnard graduated from the University Of Nebraska with a bachelor's degree in accounting.
SVP and Chief People Officer
For more than 25 years, Lilicia Bailey has been a trailblazer and an advocate for implementing effective employee strategies, representing two outstanding international organizations: The Home Depot and Cox Enterprises.
In 1985, Bailey joined The Home Depot where she led large-scale change initiatives while holding various leadership positions for more than 17 years. She then joined Cox in 2002 as director of organizational development.
Bailey joined Manheim, a Cox subsidiary in 2003. Over the next few years, she progressively took on more responsibilities, and in 2009 Bailey was named senior vice president and chief people officer of Global People Strategies and Administration for Manheim. In this position, she is the chief executive overseeing human capital strategy reporting to the president and is responsible for multiple enterprise-wide practices in support of the company's mission and operating plans. Working with the executive team, Bailey has executive oversight of Manheim's HR practices, corporate communications, and legal administration.
She is a member of Manheim's executive board and leads the company's global human capital strategy, which includes oversight of multiple practices: Employee Shared Service Centers and HR Business Partners; Organizational Effectiveness; Corporate Communications; Change Leadership; Executive Development and Training; Talent Management; and Global Employee Engagement. Bailey has made a significant impact on the business with measurable results, and she has been recognized by a number of professional organizations for her efforts. Under her leadership, Manheim has been recognized as a "Best Place to Work for People 50 and Over" by the AARP in 2008, 2009 and 2011. In May 2011, Bailey was named by the Atlanta Business League (ABL) as one of "Atlanta's Top 100 Black Women of Influence." And most recently, Auto Remarketing magazine included her as a member of its "2011 Women in Remarketing" list.
In addition to her significant accomplishments in the corporate world, Bailey has demonstrated a strong commitment to the communities in which she has lived and worked. She has held various non-profit board leadership positions at Cobb Family Resources, Girl's Inc. and Communities in Schools of Georgia. She is a member of the Leadership Atlanta Class of 2010 and chair-elect for Communities in Schools of Georgia.
Bailey graduated from Spelman College with a bachelor of arts degree in psychology and has a Presidential/Key Executive MBA from Pepperdine University.
SVP and Chief Financial Officer
Joe Luppino is Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for Manheim. He is responsible for all finance functions including providing oversight for compliance, financial reporting, and business planning. He also oversees Manheim real estate and construction, Manheim Financial Services (MAFS), as well as the Total Resource Auctions business. Luppino assumed his current role in August 2006. Manheim is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc. headquartered in Atlanta with over 32,000 employees worldwide.
Prior to that, he served as Manheim's vice president and chief information officer. He took on that role in January 2004, after joining Manheim in 2000 as Manheim Interactive's vice president and chief operating officer. Prior to that time, Luppino served as executive director of marketing operations for Manheim's parent company, Cox Enterprises, Inc.
He has also served as the vice president of operations for Cox's TeleCom Towers, where he oversaw operations and the maintenance of Cox's telecommunication towers. Luppino began his career with Cox Enterprises in 1991 as vice president and general manager of Optical Data Corporation, an educational publisher of multi-media products.
Luppino is on the Board of Directors of the American Red Cross, Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter. He is also a graduate of St. Peter's College with a bachelor of arts degree in accounting.
SVP Product Development
Joe George, Senior Vice President of Product Development, oversees long-range product development processes, including researching and analyzing new or improved products, services and partnerships that provide strategic and unique competitive advantages. He is also responsible for the evolution of Manheim's digital marketplace, including Manheim Simulcast, OVE.com, Manheim.com, mobile services, and multiple product solution platforms. He focuses on maximizing the collective strengths of Manheim's digital and in-lane product lines.
Prior, Joe was group vice president of Manheim Digital. In that role, Joe was responsible for the profit and loss of Manheim's digital marketplace. That also included Manheim Simulcast, OVE.com, Manheim.com, Manheim's mobile services and multiple digital client solution platforms.
Joe joined Manheim more than 21 years ago as an auction employee and held numerous positions, including marketing manager, general sales manager, and assistant general manager. He joined AutoTrader.com in 1998 and led several efforts as the company grew from a startup to the industry's leading retail classified online destination. Joe held various positions including vice president of Dealer Services, vice president and chief product officer, senior vice president of Operations, Customer Service, and Information Technology, and senior vice president of Strategic Alliances.
Joe then joined AutoTrader.com's parent company, Cox AutoTrader, as vice president of Strategy and Business Development. He subsequently was promoted to president of Cox AutoTrader/AutoMart.
After merging Cox's print classified business into AutoTrader.com operations, Joe returned to AutoTrader.com as general manager/vice president of Private Party Advertising. Joe rejoined Manheim as group vice president, Digital Solutions in 2009.
Joe, a veteran of the automotive industry, holds a bachelor of science degree in business administration and a Master of Business Administration degree from The Ohio State University. He remains active in the community by volunteering with Georgia Special Olympics, St.Vincent de Paul Society, Marist Way, and as chairman of the board of trustees for Notre Dame Academy.
Chief Technology Officer
SVP Business Development
Mike Langhorne is Senior Vice President of Operational Excellence. In this role, he oversees the business development, operational excellence, and process engineering teams and focuses on developing existing business as well as acquiring new opportunities.
Most recently, he served as senior vice president of international operations, overseeing Europe, Asia, and Canada and pursuing some of Manheim's new business opportunities in China, Canada, and Export. Prior to that, he was senior vice president and chief financial officer. In that role, he was responsible for all financial and related functions within Manheim, including accounting, treasury, Manheim Automotive Financial Services, Remarketing Solutions, and daily operations in Australia and New Zealand.
Langhorne joined Manheim as a senior accountant in 1984 and was promoted to controller in 1991. He served as Manheim's vice president of financial services from 1996 to 2003.
He is a graduate of the University of Georgia and has a master's degree in business administration from Georgia State University. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and the Georgia Society of CPAs.
SVP Customer Management
Nick Peluso is Senior Vice President of Customer Management for Manheim, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc., one of the nation's leading media companies and providers of automotive services. He is responsible for the Factory, Commercial and Dealer Sales, Marketing and Manheim Consulting groups. Aligning Manheim's customer management teams is one of Peluso's key focuses.
Peluso was promoted to his current role in 2002 from president of Remarketing Solutions, the division of Manheim that met the evolving needs of the vehicle-remarketing marketplace through its Inspection Solution, Recovery Solution, Title Solution, Auction Solution, Fleet Solution, and Transport Solution.
Prior to joining Manheim in October 2000, Peluso was vice president of sales and marketing for ADT Automotive, Inc. Peluso joined ADT Automotive in May of 1990 as regional director of sales and in 1992 he was promoted to director of sales, with a primary focus on directing the company's national sales team. Before joining ADT Automotive, Peluso, a native of Oakland, California, was with Cenval Leasing of Walnut Creek, California.
SVP Customer Experience
Ashish Bisaria, Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, acts as the "Voice of the Customer," leading the development and execution of initiatives that enable Manheim to deliver world-class customer experiences. He reports to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Janet Barnard.
Ashish brings 17 years of global customer service experience to Manheim. He most recently served as chief operating officer and executive vice president of client operations for Teleperformance, where he managed 50,000 call center agents for clients in the high-tech, telecom, financial, and insurance industries, launched "Voice of Customer" analytics and improved customer satisfaction.
Ashish began his career at KPMG Consulting in customer relationship management (CRM), business strategy and process improvement. He also held management roles in customer experience/service, strategy, and operations at U.S. Cellular and Sprint. In addition, he served as vice president of customer service operations at Cbeyond, where he led the company's customer experience vision, strategy, and direction.
Ashish has lived and worked in the United States, India, Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, UK, Brazil, and Zimbabwe, and has managed operations in the Philippines, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and South Africa, among others. Ashish holds a bachelor of science degree from the University of Delhi and an MBA from the University of Bombay.
President, Cox Digital Exchange
Greg Easterly is President of Cox Digital Exchange, whose mission is to provide open, digital markets where participants can buy and sell with people they trust, find new sources of inventory, and get to know new trading partners.
Easterly most recently served as vice president of Marketplace Management for Manheim Digital. The Manheim Digital team was responsible for providing Manheim customers and employees with mobile, wireless, and online tools to help them access what they needed more quickly and efficiently. Prior to that role, Easterly was vice president of Online Operations for Manheim. In that role, he managed operations of Manheim.com, OVE.com and Simulcast. As part of Manheim's online leadership team he was focused on product evolution, technology strategies, go-to-market execution, and organizational change management efforts.
Prior to Manheim, Easterly was with another Cox division, AutoTrader.com. Easterly's roles included managing relationships with advertising partners, management of AutoTrader.com's partnership with eBay, AutoTrader.com's auction-style products, implementation of market-based pricing for dealer advertising products, and management of dealer marketing strategy and execution.
Prior to joining AutoTrader.com, Easterly was a reporter at the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and later at the Raleigh News &Observer in Raleigh, North Carolina, and the Athens Banner-Herald in Athens, Georgia, before rejoining Cox in 1995 as a reporter for the Austin American-Statesman in Austin, Texas.
Easterly graduated from Emory University with a bachelor's degree in biology and he earned his MBA at the Goizueta School of Business at Emory.
VP Communications & Corporate Affairs
Racquel White is Vice President of Communications and Corporate Affairs. In her role, White leads efforts to amplify four strategic communications areas: internal, external, executive and corporate social responsibility.
White brings 15 years of strategic communication experience in a variety of sectors to Manheim. Most recently, she served as Vice President of Internal and Leadership Communications across North America for The Coca-Cola Company. As the Communications Director for The Coca-Cola Company Eurasia and Africa Group, White led the communications strategy across more than 90 markets, including the continent of Africa, Israel, the Middle East, Pakistan, India, Russia and Turkey. White also served as Director of Shareowner Affairs, where she engaged with the Company's investor and shareowner base, as well as non-governmental organizations, U.S. and European investors and advocacy groups that influence and impact key business and corporate policy issues. Her experience has also covered a broad range of media relations, internal communications and functional operation management including global business planning.
Prior to joining The Coca-Cola Company, White worked at Marriott International with a focus on Global Internal Communications and Customer Communications for Marriott's global headquarters and its timeshare division, Marriott Vacation Club International. She also served as a communications professional for the Smithsonian Institute National Museum of Natural History, The Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies (a public policy think tank), and several communications and public relations agencies where she focused on annual reports, publications, press conferences, multi-lingual PR campaigns and other key communications initiatives.
White received her Master's Degree in Public Communications and Bachelor's Degree in Spanish and Latin American studies from The American University in Washington, D.C. An active member of the community, White has served on the Board of Directors for Georgia non-profits Camp Twin Lakes and Sheltering Arms, and currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Metro Atlanta Red Cross.
Regional VP East Regional Operations
Tim Janego began his career in the auto auction industry in 1986 at Imperial Auto Auction in Lakeland, FL. He started as a manager trainee and worked into the position of operations manager. Tim was promoted to general manager of the location in 1991. Since that time, he has also held the position of general manager at Newburgh Auto Auction in Newburgh, NY, and Greater Tampa Bay Auto Auction in Tampa, FL.
In 2006, Tim was promoted to vice president of the Southeast region, where he was responsible for the day-to-day operations of 12 auctions across seven states. He assumed responsibility of seven additional auctions in Texas in 2009.
Tim's most recent role was announced in 2010. He is leading the markets and auctions in the eastern half of the country as Regional Vice President, Operations East.
Regional VP West Regional Operations
Mike McKinney is Regional Vice President, West Regional Operations. He is responsible for leading the operating locations in the markets located in the western half of the United States.
Most recently, he served as vice president of Account Management where he was responsible for focusing the dealer and commercial CRS account management efforts with the needs of all Manheim customers. Prior to that, he was vice president of Dealer Sales where he was instrumental in building and training a higher quality dealer sales force and worked with new technology initiatives for dealers. Mike helped Manheim enhance and expand its services for dealers nationwide.
McKinney joined Manheim in October 1993 as fleet/lease manager at Atlanta Auto Auction. He brought with him eight years of manufacturer experience. In August 1996, McKinney was promoted to assistant general manager of Kansas City Auto Auction, Kansas City, MO. He served in that position until being named general manager of Metro Detroit Auto Auction and Michigan Auto Auction in January 1999. In January 2003, McKinney was promoted to regional vice president of operations, Southwest, a position he held until being named vice president of Dealer Sales.
McKinney holds a bachelor of science degree in management from Central Michigan University.
The latest on events, activities and announcements from Manheim and our subsidiaries. For further information on these or any other news events, give us a call at 1.800.777.2053.
The 2011 online annual review is available at http://www.coxenterprises.com/about-cox/annual-review.aspx. There, you can find additional stories and information, along with Q&As with company leaders, management lists, an interactive map of Cox locations and more. With the interactive location map, you can look up addresses, phone numbers, and leadership for each of Cox's businesses. The direct link to the map is http://locations.coxinc.com, and location information can be updated throughout the year.
Manheim and Other Resources
Manheim In The News
- Behind the Scenes at Manheim April 10, 2009. Autoline Detroit
- Manheim to Showcase Mobile Apps; Offer Best-Kept Secrets to Maximize Dealer Productivity May 6, 2013
- Manheim Expands Footprint in Canada (French) April 25, 2013
- Ford and Manheim Partner to Expand Dealer Opportunities in Canada April 16, 2013
- Manheim Selects Michael Noel as Chief Technology Officer April 11, 2013
- Cox Enterprises Names Sanford Schwartz President of Manheim and AutoTraderGroup March 25, 2013
- Manheim Pennsylvania Hosts Spring "Xtreme" Auction March 21, 2013
- Manheim Locations Recognized by Customers for Top Performance, Service March 18, 2013
- NextGear Capital Celebrates Expansion of Carmel Headquarters with Ribbon Cutting Ceremony March 4, 2013
- Manheim Seattle Makes Donation to Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust February 28, 2013
- Manheim Palm Beach Unveils Expanded, Improved Body Shop February 20, 2013
- Manheim Consulting Releases Annual Used Car Market Report February 9, 2013
- Manheim and Ready Auto Transport Go the Last Mile for the Automobile Industry with Transportation Solution February 9, 2013
- Manheim Brings More Mobile Power to the Wholesale Vehicle Market February 9, 2013
- Manheim California to Host First-Ever Used Vehicle Auction in Spanish January 30, 2013
- Manheim Moves Three Leaders Into New Roles January 29, 2013
- Manheim Locations Receive Awards from Customers for Top Performance in Q4 January 22, 2013
- Manheim Offers Access to New Inventory via OVE.com Throughout the Holidays December 20, 2012
- Jay Cadigan Named Vice President, Industry Relations at Manheim December 19, 2012
- Manheim Holds 4th Annual Independent Auction Summit During National Remarketing Conference December 18, 2012
- Manheim Purchases Ready Auto Transport December 17, 2012
- Manheim Simulcast Now Available On Mac December 13, 2012
- Manheim Expands Its Product Development Leadership Team November 14, 2012
- Manheim Hosts Annual Dealer Advisory Board Meeting November 13, 2012
- Manheim Relaxes Policies in Wake of Hurricane Sandy November 9, 2012
- Manheim Names Two New Leaders in the Northeast and Southwest October 23, 2012
- Manheim Locations Receive Top Recognition From Customers at National Auto Auction Association Conference October 10, 2012
- Manheim Releases the myMobileListing Application for iPhone and iPad October 4, 2012
- Manheim Canada Client Advisory Board Focuses on Challenges and Opportunites October 4, 2012
- Manheim Kicks Off National Customer Service Week; Selects Ashish Bisaria as SVP, Customer Experience October 1, 2012
- Manheim Awarded Patent for Computer-Assisted Condition Reporting and Autogradet System September 26, 2012
- Manheim Partnership with AutoIMS Helps Customers Manage Inventory in Multiple Digital and In-Lane Selling Channels September 19, 2012
- Manheim Selects Two New Leaders at Manheim San Francisco Bay and Manheim Albany September 12, 2012
- Manheim Partners with Jaguar Land Rover on Successful Simulcast Everywhere Sale September 4, 2012
- Dealer Wins Corvette in Manheim Giveaway to Celebrate 10th Anniversary of Simulcast August 30, 2012
- Manheim Strikes Up A Conversation Through Social Media August 28, 2012
- Manheim Launches New Learning Center Website for Dealers August 15, 2012
- Manheim Salutes NAAA National Auto Auction Week August 13, 2012
- Manheim Opens New Location in Jacksonville, Florida August 7, 2012
- Manheim's Simulcast Celebrates a Decade of Innovation and Business Success July 9, 2012
- Manheim Pennsylvania and VW Credit, Inc. Partner for Successful Sales Event July 2, 2012
- Computerworld Names Manheim to 2012 List of the 100 Best Places to Work in Information Technology June 27, 2012
- Manheim Unveils Solar Installations at Two Auction Locations to Generate Renewable Energy June 19, 2012
- Manheim and NIADA Honor Charitable Dealers June 14, 2012
- Manheim Selects Dianne Earley as Market Vice President June 12, 2012
- Manheim Moves Two Leaders Into New Roles as Part of Continuing Focus on Serving Customers May 17, 2012
- Manheim Financial Services Hits 10 Million Vehicle Milestone May 15, 2012
- Manheim Hosts National Client Advisory Board Meeting May 14, 2012
- Manheim Promotes Joe George to Senior Vice President, Digital and In-Lane Product Development May 2, 2012
- Manheim Pennsylvania Hosts B.R.A.K.E.S. Driving Safety Program May 1, 2012
- Manheim Experts Share Industry Insights at the 2012 Buy Here, Pay Here National Conference and Dealer Academy April 30, 2012
- Hyundai Motor America Selects Manheim to Launch Private Label Site Exclusively for Its Franchised Dealers April 16, 2012
- Manheim Recognized with Dealers' Choice Awards for Eighth Consecutive Year April 4, 2012
- Manheim Pennsylvania Ends Month-Long Spring Sale Event with Charity Gala that Raises $50,000 to Benefit the Wounded Warrior Project April 2, 2012
- Manheim Recognized by Customers for Top Performance March 23, 2012
- OVE.com Honors Top-Performing Auction Locations March 14, 2012
- Manheim Completes Purchase of Dealer Services Corporation March 1, 2012
- Manheim's Lilicia Bailey Named to Savoy Magazine's 2012 Top 100 Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America February 20, 2012
- OVE.com Helps Independent Partners Drive Double-Digit Growth in 2011 February 20, 2012
- Sonic Automotive Renews Exclusivity Agreement with Manheim February 15, 2012
- Manheim Launches TWI "ON THE GO" for Dealers February 10, 2012
- Manheim Specialty Launched Quarterly Video Blogs as Part of Social Media Initiative February 9, 2012
- Manheim Presents Annual Barbara Cox Anthony Automotive Woman of the Year Award to Rachel M. Richards February 5, 2012
- Manheim Simulcast Everywhere Takes Auction to the Car, Revolutionizing Vehile Remarketing February 4, 2012
- Manheim Consulting Releases Annual Used Car Market Report February 4, 2012
- Manheim Signs Agreement to Purchase Dealer Services Corporation January 26, 2012
- Manheim Auction Employees Support Growing Digital Usage January 11, 2012
- NIADA and Manheim Now Accepting Nominations for Community Service Award January 9, 2012
- Manheim Partnership Yield Signficant Sales Gains for Chapman Automotive Group January 4, 2012
- Manheim Offers Convenient Access to Fresh Inventory Through the Holidays November 22, 2011
- Manheim Lilicia Bailey Recognized Among Auto Remarketing's 2011 Women in Remarketing November 18, 2011
- Select Automotive Reaches Key Vehicle Sales Milestone on OVE.com November 17, 2011
- Janet Barnard Named Executive Vice President and Coo of Manheim November 15, 2011
- Manheim Named as Finalist in the Large Company Category for the 2011 TAG Excalibur Awards October 18, 2011
- Manheim Specialty Auctions and Total Resource Auctions Refresh Customer Fleets Across the Country October 17, 2011
- Manheim Hosts National Dealer Advisory Board Meeting October 14, 2011
- Manheim Expands Trade Desk to Improve Customer Experience October 5, 2011
- Used-Car Dealers and Dealerships Can Win More with Manheim's New Mobile Promotion October 4, 2011
- Manheim Specialty to Engage Attendees in New Ways at the 2011 RVDA Convention October 3, 2011
- Manheim Announces Changes to Dealer Sales Structure September 29, 2011
- Manheim Locations Receive Top Honors From Customers at National Auto Auction Association Conference September 29, 2011
- Manheim Helps Customers Reduce Days to Sale September 21, 2011
- Manheim Announces Retirement of Keith Williams and Dan Thomas September 20, 2011
- OVE.com's Independent Auction Summit Helps Partners Exchange Ideas and Grow Online Sales September 15, 2011
- Manheim Honored Among AARP's "Best Employers for Workers Over 50" for Third Year September 7, 2011
- Manheim Launches New Online Sales Promotion for Dealers September 6, 2011
- Manheim's Mobile App Now Available for the Android Marketplace August 31, 2011
- Manheim Recognizes NAAA's National Auto Auction Week August 19, 2011
- The Wholesale Institute Offers Mid-Year Update August 18, 2011
- This Summer Manheim Tops 2 Million Visit to Mobile Site August 16, 2011
- Sonic Automotive Selects Manheim as Exclusive Partner for Vehicle Remarketing August 11, 2011
- Manheim is Seeing Strong Results From OVE.com Dealer Campaign August 5, 2011
- Manheim Consulting Unveils 2011 Mid-Year Used Car Market Report August 1, 2011
- Wallace to Lead Manheim Canada's E-Business July 21, 2011
- Manheim Adds New Features to Mobile Offerings July 12, 2011
- Manheim Financial Services Growing, Seeking Specialty Dealers to Finance July 1, 2011
- Manheim Allows Dealers to Make an Offer on OVE.COM Vehicles June 29, 2011
- BMW and Manheim Partner to open new company car center and Manheim Greer Distribution and Vehicle Processing Center June 24, 2011
- Manheim and the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association Honor Charitable Dealers June 23, 2011
- The Wholesale Institute Shares Latest Buying and Selling Tips for Independent Dealers June 21, 2011
- Renovo Partners With Manheim to Remarket Repossessed Vehicles June 15, 2011
- Prestige Management Services Doubles Online Event Sales on OVE.com June 14, 2011
- Three Manheim Locations Receive Wells Fargo Auto Finance Top Performance Awards June 7, 2011
- Quebec Dealers to Benefit from Manheim Canada/ LAR Agreement June 6, 2011
- Nine Manheim Locations Receive Premier Auction Awards From Toyota and Lexus Financial Services June 2, 2011
- Munce Takes the Helm at Manheim Toronto May 27, 2011
- Manheim Experts Share Industry Insights at the 2011 National Buy Here, Pay Here Conference May 12, 2011
- Manheim Honored by Department of Defense for Extraordinary Support of Employees Who Serve in The National Guard and Reserve May 9, 2011
- Manheim Specialty's Karen Braddy Recognized as Womentics 2011 Pow! Award Recipient April 27, 2011
- Manheim Media Advisory: Press Briefing Set Prior to US Treasury Public Auction April 4, 2011
- Manheim and OVE.com Earn Dealers' Choice Awards March 31, 2011
- Manheim Specialty Sponsors Motorcycle Industry Council's Revive Your Ride! Campaign March 28, 2011
- Manheim Recognized by Customers for Top Performance March 23, 2011
- Manheim Names Bill Tiedemann Group Vice President of Total Resource Auctions March 15, 2011
- Manheim's Lilicia Bailey Recognized Among Top Women of Influence for 2011 March 14, 2011
- Manheim Specialty and Heavy Truck & Equipment Auctions Meet Dealer Needs with Dedicated Locations March 4, 2011
- Independent Auctions Double Sales on OVE.com in 2010 March 4, 2011
- VW Credit, Inc. (VCI) Expands Partnership with Manheim February 23, 2011
- Manheim Salutes Top User of OVE.com February 23, 2011
- Hyundai Names Manheim Location Auction of the Year February 22, 2011
- Manheim Presents Annual Barbara Cox Anthony Automotive Woman of the Year Award to Tamara Darvish February 6, 2011
- Manheim Customers Driving Online Investment and Growth February 6, 2011
- 2011 Used Car Market Report Provides Analysis of Industry Trends February 5, 2011
- Manheim Enters New Partnership With Nation's Largest Group of Privately Held Auto Dealerships January 19, 2011
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions Announces Major Expansion of Its Salvage Network January 7, 2011
- Manheim Praises NAAA's National Certification Standards December 16, 2010
- No Grinches Here: Manheim Helps Dealers Get in the Holiday Spirit with Online Event Sales December 16, 2010
- OVE.com Signs 100th Independent Auction Partner December 13, 2010
- Manheim and J.D. Byrider Partner to Educate Auction Buyers December 7, 2010
- Manheim ExportTrader.com and ARAI Auto Auctions Expand Used Car Market for Dealers in North America, Japan December 2, 2010
- Manheim Heavy Truck and Equipment Announces Partnership with Proxibid November 23, 2010
- Manheim Kicks Off 2010 Holiday Shopping Season With Special Thanksgiving Weekend Online Event Sales November 22, 2010
- Manheim Specialty Auctions Introduces Industry-First Certified Inspections November 16, 2010
- The Wholesale Institute Launches New Web Resources for Dealers November 11, 2010
- Manheim Leader Chosen Auction Person of the Year by FIADA November 9, 2010
- PowerSports Expert to Share Strategies for New-To-Auction Buyers, Sellers October 8, 2010
- Manheim Specialty Auctions Helps Dealers Power Profits with 'Auction Essentials' October 7, 2010
- Manheim's Sue Boehlke Named One of Automotive News' 100 Leading Women in the North American Auto Industry September 22, 2010
- Manheim Introduces One-Stop Customer Care with 1-866-MANHEIM September 17, 2010
- Manheim Locations Receive Top Accolades at National Auto Auction Association Convention September 17, 2010
- OVE.com's Independent Auction Summit Helps Partners Exchange Ideas and Grow Online Sales September 15, 2010
- Manheim Missouri Hosts In-Water Boat and RV Auction September 13, 2010
- Manheim Milwaukee and Lexus Financial Services Host Dealer Appreciation Event September 8, 2010
- Manheim Names Lou Verrengia Vice President of Commercial Accounts September 7, 2010
- Manheim Gives Dealers "First Access" With New Daily Online Event Sales September 7, 2010
- Manheim Expands Avis Early Access Program September 1, 2010
- Manheim Adds New Wells Fargo Auto Finance Location in Phoenix August 27, 2010
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions Celebrates Opening Its Newest U.S. Facility with Special Event Sale August 27, 2010
- Manheim Recognizes NAAA's National Auto Auction Week August 23, 2010
- Manheim Specialty Auctions Introduces New "Platinum RV Collection Sales" August 10, 2010
- Manheim and Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group Expand Partnership August 10, 2010
- Manheim Specialty Auctions Introduces New "Platinum RV Collection Sales" August 10, 2010
- New and Used Vehicle Sales Rise, Wholesale Prices Reach Record Peak in First Half of 2010 August 2, 2010
- Manheim Partners With Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp. and Infiniti Financial Services to Create a Better, Faster Way to Turn Off-Lease Inventory Into Sales July 27, 2010
- Manheim Announces First-Ever General Motors Dealer Lane Open Online Event Sale on OVE.com July 21, 2010
- OVE.com Hosts First-Ever Independent Auction Partner Summits July 16, 2010
- Manheim Southern California Announces Major Expansion July 6, 2010
- Manheim Celebrates a "Revolutionary Sales Weekend" with Star-Spangled Series of Online Event Sales July 2, 2010
- Toyota and Lexus Financial Services Achieve Record-Breaking Results with Manheim Online Event Sales in June June 30, 2010
- The Wholesale Institute Offers Buying and Selling Tips for Independent Dealers June 15, 2010
- Manheim Powers Up Mobile Functionality for Its Customers June 12, 2010
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions Puts on Bigger Boots in Texas June 10, 2010
- Manheim Receives Multiple Industry Accolades from Customers May 20, 2010
- Harley-Davidson Financial Services and Auctions Get Ready to Rally at Special Event Sales May 12, 2010
- Manheim Partners with Avis Budget Group to Launch "Early Access" Program May 7, 2010
- The Newest Class of Dealers Graduate at the 100th Wholesale Institute Session May 6, 2010
- Manheim Names Brad Hart Vice President of Operations for Manheim Canada April 7, 2010
- Three Manheim Locations Receive Wells Fargo Auto Finance Auction of the Year Awards April 7, 2010
- Manheim Claims Dealers' Choice Awards for Sixth Year April 1, 2010
- Manheim Launches New Online "Daily Sales" Program March 29, 2010
- Manheim Celebrates "The Allure of the Automobile" March 22, 2010
- OVE.com Recognizes Top Performing Partners With Otto Awards March 3, 2010
- Manheim Honored With Awards Recognizing Industry Excellence March 1, 2010
- Manheim Presents Annual Barbara Cox Anthony Automotive Woman of the Year Award to Lorraine Schultz February 14, 2010
- 2010 Used Car Market Report Examines Long-Term Structural Shifts in Automotive Industry, Critical Role of Marketing February 13, 2010
- Manheim Launches Manheim Direct February 13, 2010
- Manheim Introduces New Online Enhancements February 11, 2010
- International Automotive Remarketers Alliance (IARA) Launches New Partnership with Manheim February 11, 2010
- Manheim Market Report Goes Mobile February 10, 2010
- Manheim Specialty Auctions Announces Major PowerSports Offering Expansion at Manheim Daytona Beach February 2, 2010
- Total Resource Auctions Adds New Jersey Location February 1, 2010
- Manheim's Amanda Savage to Share "Secrets of the Modern Wholesale Auction" at NADA Conference January 29, 2010
- FinanciaLinx Corporation Awards Manheim Montreal 2009 Auction Achievement Award January 27, 2010
- Manheim Specialty Auctions Doubles Its PowerSports Offering January 25, 2010
- Manheim Applauds Widespread Industry Adoption of NAAA Arbitration Policy January 6, 2010
- Manheim Canada Supports OMVDA Compliance Throughout Canada January 6, 2010
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Expands Partnership with Manheim November 18, 2009
- Manheim Selects UPS to Manage Vehicle Transport November 9, 2009
- Manheim Honored Among AARP's "Best Employers for Workers Over 50" for Second Consecutive Year November 5, 2009
- Manheim Unveils Key Enhancements to Web Site Aimed at Buyers and Sellers of Heavy Trucks and Equipment November 4, 2009
- Manheim Creates Operational Excellence Group to Enhance Customer Experience October 26, 2009
- Manheim Locations Receive Top Honors From Customers at National Auto Auction Association Convention October 6, 2009
- Joe George Joins Manheim's Online Solutions as Group V.P. October 1, 2009
- OVE.com Now Doing Business With More Than 70 NAAA Independent Auction Members September 30, 2009
- Manheim Introduces Special Offer for Buyers Participating in the New General Motors Dealer Lane Program August 27, 2009
- Manheim Reinforces Commitment to Frontline Services Names Frederick Standfield Vice President in New Role August 24, 2009
- Manheim Unveils Key Enhancements to Web Site Aimed at Buyers and Sellers of Specialty Vehicles August 24, 2009
- Manheim Names Debbie Conrad Executive Director of General Motors Dealer Lane Business August 5, 2009
- Manheim Consulting Unveils First-Ever Mid-Year Used Car Market Report August 3, 2009
- Bailey Named Semi-Finalist for International Woman of Influence Award July 20, 2009
- Manheim Launches New GM Dealer Lane Program July 13, 2009
- Radiance Solar and Cox Enterprises Complete Solar Thermal Hot Water Installation June 25, 2009
- Manheim Celebrates "Independents' Day" by Awarding Five-star Trips to the Wholesale Institute for Two Lucky Independent Dealers June 22, 2009
- Manheim Announces Online Enhancements for Buy-Here, Pay-Here Dealers May 14, 2009
- Two Manheim Locations Receive Wells Fargo Auto Finance Awards May 12, 2009
- Manheim Specialty and Heavy Truck and Equipment Auctions Offer Tips for Dealers, Announce May Schedule May 11, 2009
- Cox Enterprises and Georgia Power Produce Green Energy for Georgia April 20, 2009
- Manheim Toronto Named Large Business of the Year April 14, 2009
- Importing Online Vehicle Inventories Just Got Easier for OVE.com's Independent Auction Partners April 9, 2009
- Manheim Enters Joint Venture With Leading Vehicle Exporter Akinvest April 2, 2009
- Manheim Recognized by Dealers as a Valued In-Lane and Online Provider April 1, 2009
- Tiedemann Elected President of ASPA March 27, 2009
- U.S. District Court Rules in Manheim's Favor in Patent Case March 25, 2009
- Manheim New York to Begin Hosting Standalone Heavy Truck and Equipment Sales March 25, 2009
- Chase Auto Finance, Manheim Teamwork Drives Online Sale Surge March 2, 2009
- Manheim Sells 100 Percent of Boat Units Offered February 26, 2009
- Manheim Adopts Industry-Leading Changes to Improve Remarketing Experience February 23, 2009
- Manheim Consulting Launches Quarterly Report on State of Canadian Wholesale Vehicle Market February 17, 2009
- The Wholesale Institute Announces Special Sessions at CAR February 13, 2009
- Manheim Southern California to Host Grand Re-Opening Sale February 5, 2009
- Manheim Promotes Todd Croom to Vice President of Finance-Operations February 3, 2009
- Manheim Promotes Lilicia Bailey to Senior Vice President, Chief People Officer January 27, 2009
- Manheim Reaches 3 Million Online Transactions January 26, 2009
- Sandra Moss Receives Annual "Barbara Cox Anthony Automotive Woman of the Year Award" From Manheim January 26, 2009
- Manheim Hosts Successful Online Event Sales for Customers January 24, 2009
- 2009 Used Car Market Report: Fundamental Transformations Taking Hold in Remarketing Industry January 24, 2009
- Manheim Hosts Successful Online Event Factory Sales for General Motors January 21, 2009
- Manheim's Amanda Young to Lead "Shift Happens" Workshops at NADA Convention in New Orleans January 15, 2009
- Manheim Announces Retirement of Mike Moumousis January 6, 2009
- The Wholesale Institute Announces Expanded Schedule for Dealers in 2009 January 5, 2009
- Manheim Announces Retirement of Berta Phelps December 22, 2008
- Manheim Names Jeff Bunch to New Vice President Role December 3, 2008
- CUDL, Manheim Announce Further Roll-out of MAFS Advantage Program November 20, 2008
- Manheim Offers Smorgasboard of Specialty Sales During November November 14, 2008
- Manheim Announces Upcoming Heavy Truck and Equipment Sales November 13, 2008
- Manheim Announces Executive Leadership Change November 12, 2008
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions Joins Forces with Pro-Tech Auction in Michigan November 6, 2008
- Manheim Montreal Hosts Inaugural Sale at New Facility October 28, 2008
- Manheim Locations Receive Top Honors From Customers at National Auto Auction Association Convention October 10, 2008
- Manheim DRIVE to Host First-ever Boat Sale October 6, 2008
- Rea Brother's Midsouth and BSC America Auctions Become First Independents to Achieve "Signature Provider" Status with OVE.com October 2, 2008
- Manheim Named One of Top 50 "Best Employers for Workers Over 50" by AARP September 29, 2008
- Manheim Customers Driving Online Growth at Accelerating Pace September 24, 2008
- Manheim Names Standfield Vice President September 16, 2008
- Independents Casting More Votes for OVE.com September 15, 2008
- Manheim Southern California Sets Specialty Sales Record August 29, 2008
- Manheim Promotes Leadership Veterans to New Posts August 27, 2008
- Manheim Solutes National Auto Auction Association's 60th Anniversary During National Auto Auction Week, Aug. 25-29 August 26, 2008
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions Expands Texas Presence With Acquisition of Central Cities Auction Pool August 4, 2008
- Manheim New England Hosts "Green" Vehicle Sale July 31, 2008
- NIADA / OVE.com Partnership Allows Certified Master Dealers to Join Branded Seller Group on OVE.com June 23, 2008
- Manheim's Florida Locations Offer Dealers Reduced Buy Fee With "Truck Week" Promotion June 16-20 June 12, 2008
- Manheim to Provide AuctionACCESS Registration at No Charge to Their Dealers June 6, 2008
- Manheim Continues International Expansion June 6, 2008
- Cox Enterprises and Manheim Turn On Water Conservation Center at "Manheim Georgia" Facility in Atlanta June 5, 2008
- Demetry Named Manheim's Chief of Staff May 27, 2008
- Three Manheim Operating Locations Receive Wells Fargo Auto Finance Awards May 8, 2008
- Total Resource Auctions Hosts Premier IT 2008 - Industry Technology and Training Conference April 28, 2008
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions Completes Transaction to Acquire Four Salvage Auction Companies April 25, 2008
- Manheim Unveils Alternative Energy Initiative at New Jersey Facility April 24, 2008
- Manheim Adds Two to Canadian Sales and Marketing Team April 21, 2008
- Manheim Pennsylvania Announces Grand Opening of New VW Credit/Audi Financial Services Technical Operations Center April 21, 2008
- OVE.com Rapidly Signing Independent Auction Partners April 2, 2008
- Manheim Hosts Second Annual Motorcycle Auction March 24, 2008
- Manheim's Total Resource Auctions Announces Major Expansion in the Salvage Industry March 17, 2008
- Total Resource Auctions Adds Ohio Location March 7, 2008
- The Wholesale Institute Celebrates First Birthday With Session at Manheim's DRIVE Center March 5, 2008
- Mercedes-Benz Financial Recognizes Manheim Riverside and Manheim Dallas-Fort Worth with 2007 Remarketing Awards February 28, 2008
- Manheim Automotive Woman of the Year Award Renamed in Honor of Barbara Cox Anthony February 10, 2008
- NADA Partners With OVE.com to Wholesale Vehicles February 9, 2008
- Manheim Executive Honored by Women's Automotive Association February 9, 2008
- Used Cars Remain Key Contributor to Profitability as Nation's Auto Dealers Face Challenges in Economy February 9, 2008
- Redesigned Manheim.com Features Enhanced Powersearch Technology February 9, 2008
- Manheim Delivers New Level of Accuracy, Consistency to Inspection Process with "AutoGrade" February 9, 2008
- Manheim Financial Services Celebrates One Million New Floor Plan Originations in 2007 February 5, 2008
- Total Resource Auctions Texas Hobby Opens New Facility February 4, 2008
- Manheim Announces Requests to Invalidate Patent and for Summary Judgement in Online Technology Patent Case January 24, 2008
- Total Resource Auctions Names New VP of Operations January 23, 2008
- Manheim Launches First-Ever Operations in Turkey January 9, 2008
Heart to Hearts Campaign Enters Eighth Year
Supported by Manheim leadership, employees, vendors and customers nationwide, the Heart to Hearts program focuses on helping the Michael P. Fisher CICU at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Sibley Heart Center improve its equipment with the latest in cardiac technology and put a comforting touch on the sterile hospital environment.
Each year, employees hold donation drives for holiday gifts, receiving blankets, baby booties and Beanie Babies. to help the nursing staff make the CICU feel more like a home than a hospital.
The marquee event that brings together Manheim executives, vendors and customers nationwide is the annual Golf & Tennis Tournament, Reception and Auction held each spring in Atlanta. Since its inception in 1998, this event has raised more than $4.5 million for the Michael P. Fisher CICU. In 2006, the event raised more than $200,000.
The Heart to Hearts program is truly a partnership between Manheim and its communities. From challenge drives for customers at lots in Texas to the annual tournament in Georgia, the support and dedication to helping kids find a healthier life through treatment at the Michael P. Fisher CICU continue to be at the heart of Manheim's community commitment.
Mike Fisher was the former principal attorney for Manheim. His life was cut short at the age of 42 by a plane crash. The Heart To Hearts campaign was born out of grief and continues to be nurtured by our love and respect for Mike. It is dedicated to supporting the CICU that bears his name in the Sibley Heart Center of Children's. Manheim's goal is to help make the Michael P. Fisher CICU the finest facility of its kind in the world. Proceeds from the 2005 Heart To Hearts campaign will continue to bring much-needed support to the staff, families and, of course, the young patients at Children's.
What is Cox Conserves?
Cox Conserves is a companywide, long-term conservation effort that includes the following focus areas:
- Waterborne Paint
- Paint Mix Management
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Water Treatment and Conservation
- Energy Management
- Alternative Energy
Why was it created?
Cox Conserves is a national sustainability program led by Manheim's parent company Cox Enterprises, Inc. Launched in 2007, Cox Conserves seeks to reduce Cox Enterprises' energy consumption by embracing renewable forms of energy, conserving natural resources and inspiring eco-friendly behavior. The program engages each of the company's major subsidiaries: Cox Communications, Manheim, Cox Media Group and AutoTrader.com.
About each focus area:
Why switch to waterborne basecoat paint?
Working with major paint manufacturers, Manheim designed and implemented the exclusive use of waterborne basecoat painting at its operating locations. By moving from solvent to waterborne paint, Manheim is able to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent. Sixteen operating locations have switched to waterborne paint.
- Manheim Atlanta, Manheim Baltimore-Washington, Manheim Dallas-Fort Worth, Manheim Denver
- Manheim Georgia, Manheim Minneapolis, Manheim Nashville, Manheim Nevada
- Manheim New England, Manheim Orlando, Manheim Pennsylvania, Manheim Phoenix
- Manheim Riverside, Manheim San Diego, Manheim San Francisco Bay and Manheim Southern California
What is paint mix management?
Manheim has implemented a paint mix management process. The process uses less paint by creating only the amount of paint needed for each vehicle, thereby reducing waste and the release of air pollutants by 10 percent or 36 tons. Because the remaining waste is water-soluble, it is not hazardous.
How is Manheim improving its hazardous waste management?
Manheim conducts ongoing inspections of its auctions and implements processes for reducing hazardous waste at each location. Through onsite training, Manheim's employees are learning how to handle and dispose of hazardous waste in the most environmentally responsible manner possible, including the recycling of used automotive oil, antifreeze and waste paint solvent.
Why implement water treatment and conservation efforts?
As a company that details nearly 2.5 million vehicles per year, Manheim pursued an opportunity to significantly reduce water usage at its reconditioning facilities. In September 2007, working with Ashland Water Technologies, Manheim established the Manheim Water Conservation Center at Manheim Pennsylvania. The Water Conservation Center uses a sophisticated four-step wastewater treatment process that enables Manheim Pennsylvania to reduce its daily water demand by 60 percent. In June 2008, Manheim's second Water Conservation Center became operational at Manheim Georgia. This Water Conservation Center also reduces water demand by 60 percent, treating 15,000 gallons of wastewater and producing up to 9,000 gallons of high-quality reusable water daily. Both Water Conservation Centers return treated water to their municipal water treatment systems in a pretreated condition.
Multiple locations also employ water conserving fixtures such as motion sensor faucets throughout their facilities.
What is Manheim doing around energy management?
In the fall of 2007, Manheim California partnered with Ice Energy to install eight Ice Bear® off-peak power rooftop air conditioning units. The Ice Bears generate ice at night to help cool the building during the day. The highly efficient system reduces the facility's energy costs by more than 25 percent.
Manheim conserves energy by focusing on the outdoor lighting systems at many of its operating locations. Operations in Florida, California, Texas, Illinois, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Massachusetts and Virginia are using lower wattage exterior lamps with new control systems that allow the sites to either dim the fixtures to 50 percent or perform multi-fixture pole switching. These projects have saved more than 4 million KWh of energy per year.
Manheim also is conserving energy by using variable frequency drives on air compressors. These drives take advantage of the natural fluctuations in the need for compressed air in the detail and body shop operations. At Manheim Atlanta, a variable frequency drive was installed on a 50-horsepower air compressor, and energy consumption was reduced by one-third.
What is Manheim's alternative energy initiative?
Manheim is taking advantage of solar energy solutions that capture the sun's radiant energy and convert it directly to electricity. Collectively, Manheim's solar projects prevent more than 970 tons of carbon from entering the environment. Our photovoltaic solar panel installations at Manheim Portland and Manheim New Jersey produce more than 1,375 MWh of energy annually. That's enough energy to power 125 average-size homes. Manheim Portland installed photovoltaic solar panels in February 2010. The 16,500-sq.-ft.-system covers the rooftop of the reconditioning facility and generates nearly 193 MWh of energy. It supplies up to 29 percent of the facility's energy use.
Manheim New Jersey is home to our largest photovoltaic solar panel installations. A 42,000-sq.-ft. photovoltaic solar panel rooftop system installed on the facility's detail shop produces 136 MWh of electricity annually and generates 15 percent of the detail shop's electricity. The 104,000-sq.-ft. free-standing canopy of photovoltaic solar panels generates 52 percent of the energy consumed in the main auction facility by producing 1,048 MWh of energy annually.
In addition, Manheim's solar thermal hot water installations at Manheim Phoenix and Manheim Georgia produce nearly 63 MWh of energy annually and supply hot water for their auto detail operations. Consisting of 24 solar thermal collectors and 1,700 gallons of solar hot water storage, Manheim Phoenix's project reduces annual energy costs for water heating and environmental impact by nearly 50 percent. Manheim Georgia's solar thermal hot water installation has 40 solar thermal collectors and 2,000 gallons of solar hot water storage. One of the largest solar thermal hot water installations in Georgia, the system reduces Manheim Georgia's annual energy costs and environmental impact by more than 50 percent.
For more information about Cox Enterprises, Inc. and Manheim's long-term conservation efforts, visit www.coxconserves.com.
Buy. Sell. Win.
Buying and selling vehicles today is more competitive than ever. It's essential to have access to the inventory and information you need, when you need it. Manheim provides the game changing tools, cutting edge products, wide selection of inventory, and helpful service that you need to buy, sell, and win every day.
The Manheim marketplace offers:
- Open access: 24/7 access to vehicles and information from Manheim means that you always have the necessary tools to succeed.
- A level playing field in a transparent and open environment where the market sets the price.
- More ways to buy and sell: online, in-lane, and 24/7.
- Tools for you to make informed and intelligent decisions. The Manheim Market Report (MMR) and InSight ECR are just two of the ways Manheim helps you to make informed decisions.
- Experienced people on the ground, to make sure the pre- and post-sale process goes quickly and smoothly.
- A safe and secure market where Manheim ensures the integrity and security of every transaction.
- More locations, inventory, and ways to buy and sell than any other company.
At Manheim, we believe this all adds up to a lot more than an auction company. We help your business perform at its best and win.
Visit manheim.com/buysellwin to learn more.
Manheim values its supplier relationships and is committed to building upon these partnerships. We take pride in developing strong relationships with suppliers that will drive value for us and the communities we serve.
We view supplier diversity as a competitive advantage that allows us to not only enhance our services and effectiveness, but also strengthen the communities in which we live and work.
As a division of Cox Enterprises, we have membership to the National Minority Supplier Development Council and its affiliates, which allows us to actively seek and partner with diverse suppliers.
To be considered a diverse supplier, your business must be at least 51% owned and operated by one or more minority groups, women, and/or LGBT individuals. If your company qualifies, we encourage you to apply as a diverse supplier.
As part of our corporate social responsibility, we seek out suppliers who share our commitment to sustainability. We strive to procure innovative products and solutions that enable us to shrink our carbon footprint.
In an effort to reduce our carbon footprint and reduce paper waste, Manheim provides several electronic options for your business.
- Purchase Orders - Manheim can place electronic purchase orders directly into your ordering system. This is accomplished through the use of punch-outs from our system to your online catalogs.
For suppliers with e-commerce interface capability, we can submit purchase orders electronically, and automatically populate order information into your order management system.
- Electronic Invoices - Manheim partners with a third party, Transcepta, for electronic invoice options. Transcepta can electronically receive and present virtually any machine-generated invoice to Manheim.
To participate in this program, please email eCommerce@Manheim.com.
View additional information about Invoice and Delivery Receipt Requirements
- Electronic Payments - Manheim offers several payment methods to our suppliers. Our preferred method of payment is ACH (direct deposit to your account).
Eligible suppliers can also be paid via our procurement credit card. Please call 1-855-435-7772, option 1, for more information regarding participation and payment inquiry.